Our Memory Care at Carriage Hill is a community within a community. Unique to the surrounding area, and for those that suffer from Alzheimer’s and Dementia, Carriage Hill provides a specialized care model and separate secured community for our Memory Care resident’s to call home. Our Memory Care Community is specially designed to cater to individuals who have conditions relating to memory impairment. Our Memory Care building is a therapeutically designed environment with specialized services that address the specific needs of our residents, on an individual and collective basis. Our goal with our Memory Care residents is to stimulate their cognitive abilities, and maximize their functionality so they are able to maintain as much independence as possible.
The staff at Carriage Hill is trained to deal with the different behaviors and functionality of our residents that suffer from Alzheimer’s and Dementia. We maintain constant, open communication with our resident’s families and caregivers to ensure we are providing the type of care our residents deserve and are entitled to. The staff clearly communicates with healthcare professionals involved with our residents as well to ensure that we are customizing a care plan for each individual resident fit to meet their every needs.
Our detailed All-Inclusive Service Care Plan for our Memory Care resident’s includes the appropriate combination of the listed services below for our Standard Memory Care:
- Daily Assistance with bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Consistent supervision and oversight by staff
- A secured community and building where residents are free to safely explore a spacious floor plan accessible that is secured at all exit points to eliminate elopement risk
- Assistance with ordering, set up and delivery of medications
- Dining assistance and accommodations for special diets
- Personal laundry
- 24 Hour access to staff, and licensed medical professionals
- Shared and Private apartments with individual climate control, and private bathrooms in apartments
- All included utilities, except telephone
- Three homemade meals served daily
- Hydration and snack programming for off-meal times
- Full social calendar and programming
- Secured outdoor courtyard lounging area
- Designated common area space, spectacular views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, outdoor garden area and so much more!
If individual residents require assistance above and beyond the standard level of care for our
memory Care Community, we have two Level of Care options. We have Extended Personal Care (EPC) and Premium Personal Care (PPC). Both levels of care are offered at an additional cost to our residents. If you or your loved one and interested in receiving more information about our Memory Care community, or about the Level of Care options we have available for our residents please call (540) 586- 5982 and we would be happy to discuss with you in further detail.
You can also reach out to us by visiting our Contact page.